Hosmer Winery, posted 4/22/21-
Want to work within the #1 Wine Region in the Nation? Work in the Finger Lakes wine industry and see what all the hype is about! Hosmer Winery is one of the first wineries on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail and we are seeking wine professionals to join our team.
This position will range in hours each week depending on reservations, but the position will be at least 3 days a week (likely 5 days a week beginning in the Spring) We are looking for a lead tasting room associate to perform elevated tastings and other tasting room tasks.
The ideal candidate should:
- Feel comfortable conversing with people
- Be willing to learn about the wine industry
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Have a friendly and welcoming attitude
- Be comfortable pushing the sale of Hosmer products
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Engage with guests to provide world-class customer service
- Prepare wine flights & perform 1-on-1 educational tastings
- Handle cash and register transactions
- Stock and maintain the cleanliness of the tasting room
- Take direction from the Tasting Room Manager and Assistant Managers
Weekend availability for this position is required.
Compensation is based on experience and performance. Cash tips are additional. Must be 21 years of age to apply. Serving/customer service/wine knowledge experience is not necessary but is appreciated and considered.
**Please submit at least 2 references with your resume. Resumes without references will be discarded.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
To keep our staff safe, we have masks available for our staff and customers. We have a copious amount of sanitation supplies and strictly enforce social distancing in our facility.