- This event has passed.
Wine & Herb- sold out!
May 7 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Here’s a quick rundown on how this event will work, but please see below for further details, explanations, and event tidbits:
- The event is held on Saturday May 7th
- Tickets are sold as a table for 2 for $125 or tables for 4 for $230 (both plus tax and service fee)
- Tickets automatically default to tables of 2. Looking for a table for 4? There’s an option to add 2 more seats right in the dropdown box where you’ll find your table’s itinerary.
- Ticket price includes 6 wineries, with food and wine samples served at each.
- Ticket price also includes a souvenir wine glass for each person and one full set of potted plants per 2 people (a table of 2 receives one set, a table of 4 receives 2)
- Though only visiting 6 of the wineries, you’ll be receiving 12 potted herbs or vegetables at your last stop, which include sweet pepper, hot pepper, tomato, parsley, oregano, broccoli, chives, cilantro, basil, dill, spinach, and cucumber.
- Multiple itineraries are available to choose from. Quantities of each are limited and cannot be increased. Click here to see all itineraries in one spot to help you choose one.
- You must stick to your chosen itinerary: Early or late arrivals at each winery will only be accommodated if space permits. You also cannot stray from your purchased itinerary. If you aren’t on their list, they will not allow you in.
- Wineries reserve the right to refuse service to intoxicated customers, or those arriving too far outside of their designated time slot.
- We are always following current NYS guidelines, which can change at any moment. As of right now (2/28/22), masks are no longer mandated by NYS, though individual businesses may request that you wear one.
- Must be 21 or older.
This is the same structured way we hosted our events last year, but it’s new for this particular event so I wanted to break it down as much as I could.
- Itineraries are broken down into groups of 6 wineries, with many different ones to choose from. Eleven of our wineries are participating in this event, and all 11 will be a starting option, with a few different paths to follow for each. Since your ticket includes 6 wineries, you’ll get to visit half of them, but you’ll receive the recipe for all 11, PLUS you’ll get a dozen herbs, too.
- All 11 of the wineries are structured differently and can seat a different amount of people per hour. Itineraries are made based on their individual capacity limits and the flow of their tasting room.
- Your itinerary has you at each winery on the hour, every hour starting at 10 am and getting to your last winery at 3 pm. This allows your group time for the tasting, shopping, bathroom, travel to the next, etc.
- Remember- each winery is different and will conduct their tasting a bit differently, so they won’t all take the same exact amount of time. And since they’re all different, some may offer a flight, while others may pour one at a time. A different experience at each is a good thing! This helps differentiate your stops and prevents them from blurring together.
- If you’re running late, this will eat into your tasting time at that stop. Because it’s a structured day, there isn’t room to extend time at each stop to accommodate. We know accidents happen but try your best to be on time. ‘Leave by times’ are provided as you’re browsing the different itineraries and are on your receipt after your purchase. The ticketing agency, Showclix, will also send an event reminder with the itinerary, and the wine trail office will also send you an email a couple days before the event to remind you of your schedule and to provide you with your digital recipe book.
- If you’re early, we also kindly ask you to wait to go in if the group before you is still using the area.
- All purchased tickets will be listed under the purchaser’s name, but all of you will be ID’d at check-in.
- At each stop, you’ll be asked for your name to check in, and even though each person in your group was ID’d at the first stop, you’ll likely be asked for ID each time, too. It’s up to them to make sure everyone they serve is 21 years or older and is taken very seriously.
- If you pass a winery on your itinerary while going to the next, don’t worry! Travel time isn’t really an issue here and backtracking just couldn’t be avoided. It was built into your day and will all work out, trust me!
- Itineraries cannot be modified in any way, shape, or form. They’re specially curated to each winery’s availability and they’re all full and accounted for.
- Will there be a reduced DD rate? At this time, we aren’t able to offer a reduced DD rate. The restructuring of our events has been a very complex process and adding a DD option into the ticket buying experience will have only made it that much more difficult to manage. We certainly don’t discredit how valuable a DD is to the wine experience and still want to encourage responsible choices about drinking and driving. Visit this page to look at various companies in the area that can help you get around.
Selecting your itinerary
There are 16 different itineraries to choose from, with 11 wineries being a starting point.
Participating wineries are:
- Montezuma Winery
- Swedish Hill Winery
- Knapp Winery
- Goose Watch Winery
- Buttonwood Grove Winery
- Six Eighty Cellars
- Cayuga Ridge Estate Winery
- Thirsty Owl Wine Co.
- Hosmer Winery
- Lucas Vineyards
- Americana Vineyards
I know it’s a lot to choose from, so here are some things to consider when purchasing an itinerary:
- Personally, I like to start farther away so I can work my way closer to home base. Admittedly, not all these itineraries are able to smoothly go north to south or south to north. Backtracking was inevitable, but all travel times were considered when these were being created. (And I’ve also provided a “leave by” time right in the ticket ordering system to help manage your time between each stop.) This all being said, if you’re struggling to pick the right schedule, choose one that has you ending closer to wherever you’re going to afterward.
- Others like to start their day at a winery nearest to where they’re coming from.
- If you don’t care about the start or end location, select one based on the wineries within the itinerary. If you click “more details” under each option, you’ll see exactly which wineries are included.
- If you can’t get an itinerary that includes some of the ones you want, think of this as a good time to try one you haven’t been to before, or maybe one you didn’t previously enjoy. Staff, vintages, and experiences change over the course of years and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised this time around!
Tickets to this event are non-refundable.
Ready to buy tickets? If you didn’t already look, here is the list of different itineraries to choose from. It’s a bit easier to view on this page than the next.
This event is sold out!
Ticket sales end on May 5th at 8am.
Any further questions? Call or email the wine trail office: 315-549-3034 firstname.lastname@example.org