- This event has passed.
Sweet Treats for your Sweetheart
February 12 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$55
Can you think of a better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with wine, sweets, flowers, and your favorite person?
We’d like to introduce you to our newest wine trail event- Sweet Treats for your Sweetheart. Travel along the trail and snack on different decadent treats paired with tasty wines. At each stop, you’ll receive a beautiful rose to take home, along with your sweet treat and wine pairing. At the end of the day, you’ll each take home a souvenir sparkling wine glass.
Tickets are $55 per person, sold as a set of 2 for $110 (plus service fees and sales tax). Each ticket includes a pre-selected itinerary for the day with 6 stops, a wine, and food pairing at each of those stops, 3 additional wine tastings at each stop, a single rose at each location, 2 souvenir wine glasses, and a digital recipe book to recreate your favorite sweets.
Even though this is geared as a Valentine event, in no way do we have any requirements as to whom may purchase these tickets and attend. Friends, family, seasoned couples, first dates- you name it- all are welcome to sample fine wines, delightful sweets, and take home some gorgeous roses.
Here’s a quick rundown on how this event will work, but please see below for further details, explanations, and event tidbits:
- The event day is Saturday, February 12th
- Tickets are sold as a couple’s ticket for 2 people, $55 per person ($110 for the ticket, plus service fees and sales tax)
- Ticket price includes 6 wineries, with food and wine samples served at each.
- Ticket price also includes a souvenir wine glass for each person, plus a stemmed rose at each stop
- Multiple itineraries* are available to choose from. Quantities of each are limited and cannot be increased. Click here to see all itineraries in one spot to help you choose one.
- Purchases are limited to 4 people (2 couple’s tickets) as tables only seat 4 people. Should a group purchase separately, only 4 people will be sat per table. Tables cannot be rearranged to accommodate.
- You must stick to your chosen itinerary: Early or late arrivals at each winery will only be accommodated if space permits. You also cannot stray from your purchased itinerary. If you aren’t on their list, they will not allow you in.
- Wineries reserve the right to refuse service to intoxicated customers, or those arriving too far outside of their designated time slot.
- We are always following current NYS guidelines, which can change at any moment. As of right now (1/12/22), masks are mandated by the state unless seated.
- No pets, please. We love them, but it gets crowded, plus there’s food involved.
This is a newer concept so I wanted to break it down as much as I could. This is also a VERY important part of the day and I want to make sure it’s as clear and simple as possible.
- Itineraries are broken down into groups of 6 wineries, with many different ones to choose from. Ten of our wineries are participating in this event, and all 10 will be a starting option, with a couple different paths to follow for some. Since your ticket includes 6 wineries, you’ll get to visit almost half of them, but you’ll receive the recipe for all 10- bonus!
- All 10 of the wineries are structured differently and can seat a different amount of people. Itineraries are made based on their individual capacity limits and the flow of their tasting room.
- Your itinerary has you at each winery on the hour, every hour starting at 10 am and getting to your last winery at 3 pm. (There are some itineraries that have you at Six Mile Creek at a:30 minute time and getting to your last stop at 4. This is to accommodate a bit of extra travel time, which equates to more time to sing in the car between stops! There are also a couple that start at 11am and end at 4pm.) This allows your group time for the tasting, shopping, bathroom, travel to the next, etc.
- Remember- each winery is different and will conduct their tasting a bit differently, so they won’t all take the same exact amount of time. And since they’re all different, some may offer a flight, while others may pour one at a time. A different experience at each is a good thing! This helps differentiate your stops and prevents them from blurring together.
- If you’re running late, this will eat into your tasting time at that stop. Because it’s a structured day, there isn’t room to extend time at each stop to accommodate. We know accidents happen but try your best to be on time. ‘Leave by times’ are provided as you’re browsing the different itineraries and are on your receipt after your purchase. The ticketing agency, Showclix, will also send an event reminder with the itinerary, and the wine trail office will also send you an email a couple days before the event to remind you of your schedule and to provide you with your digital recipe book.
- If you’re early, we also kindly ask you to wait to go in if the group before you is still using the area.
- All purchased tickets will be listed under the purchaser’s name, but all 4 will be ID’d at check-in.
- At each stop, you’ll be asked for your name to check in, and even though each person in your group was ID’d at the first stop, you’ll likely be asked for ID each time, too. It’s up to them to make sure everyone they serve is 21 years or older and is taken very seriously.
- If you pass a winery on your itinerary while going to the next, don’t worry! Travel time isn’t really an issue here and backtracking just couldn’t be avoided. It was built into your day and will all work out, trust me!
- Itineraries cannot be modified in any way, shape, or form. They’re specially curated to each winery’s availability and they’re all full and accounted for.
- Will there be a reduced DD rate? At this time, we aren’t able to offer a reduced DD rate. The restructuring of our events has been a very complex process and adding a DD option into the ticket buying experience will have only made it that much more difficult to manage. We certainly don’t discredit how valuable a DD is to the wine experience and still want to encourage responsible choices about drinking and driving. Visit this page to look at various companies in the area that can help you get around.
Selecting your itinerary
There are 17 different itineraries to choose from, with 10 wineries being a starting point.
Participating wineries are:
- Montezuma Winery
- Swedish Hill Winery
- Knapp Winery
- Goose Watch Winery
- Buttonwood Grove Winery
- Six Eighty Cellars
- Thirsty Owl Wine Co.
- Hosmer Winery
- Americana Vineyards
- Six Mile Creek Vineyards
I know it’s a lot to choose from, so here are some things to consider when purchasing an itinerary:
- Personally, I like to start farther away so I can work my way closer to home base. Admittedly, not all these itineraries are able to smoothly go north to south or south to north. Backtracking was inevitable, but all travel times were considered when these were being created. (And I’ve also provided a “leave by” time right in the ticket ordering system to help manage your time between each stop.) This all being said, if you’re struggling to pick the right schedule, choose one that has you ending closer to wherever you’re going to afterward.
- Others like to start their day at a winery nearest to where they’re coming from.
- If you don’t care about the start or end location, select one based on the wineries within the itinerary. If you click “more details” under each option, you’ll see exactly which wineries are included.
- If you can’t get an itinerary that includes some of the ones you want, think of this as a good time to try one you haven’t been to before, or maybe one you didn’t previously enjoy. Staff, vintages, and experiences change over the course of years and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised this time around!
- *Important* The number in the dropdown box is how many couples tickets (2 people) are available, not how many people you’re buying for. Sales are limited to 4 people as tables are limited to 4 people. Larger groups sold separately will be sat at different tables.
We’re following all up-to-date NYS guidelines. Currently, we’re mandated to either require masks OR vaccination cards. None require a vaccination card, but they all do require a mask while standing and walking around. From the moment you purchase your tickets to the day of the event, these mandates could change, and we’d legally have to implement those rules.
Tickets to this event are non-refundable.
Ready to buy tickets?
Any further questions? Call or email the wine trail office: 315-549-3034 | email@example.com